Dodgy Fingers
To get myself back into shape after the months of travelling excesses and to meet a few more locals, I signed up with the local rugby club Greenock Wanderers. First night of training I quickly realised just how unfit I was, and after 30 minutes of hard running I had to nick off behind the clubhouse to have a spew. My first game was with the thirds, which rarely get a full team together, has an average age of about 35 and often get trounced. My initiation with them was no exception, being two players short and getting humped around 30-0.
The following week at training, after hearing I was promoted to seconds and whilst dreaming of rising up the ranks into firsts, premier league, and then Scotland, my optimistic plans got brought back to earth with a sudden thump. After misjudging a low bullet pass my left finger felt rather unusual, so being curious and in slight pain I had a look at it. My finger now not only felt unusual, but also looked unusual, with the end of the finger somehow appearing a lot more sideways than normal. With the physio unable to pop it back in, I got a lift up to the hospital and Mikey came over with a camera to get a few shots….as can be seen below:

My new party trick

I aint no doctor, but that surely doesn't look right.

Mikey couldn't hide his delight

With my x-ray goggles on

3 Comments:
that's what happens when you deviate from your natural behaivours of boozing , eating loads of crap and getting kicked out of houses at 4am and having your friends come and get you cause you're lost.. you get broken
good to see you're having a tops time though mate, our scottish 21st seems a long time ago..
You're right, what was I thinking. Back to the tried and trusted ways I guess. I'll go buy a bag of goon & a kebab on my way home!
I can't wait for my next scottish 21st, they're good fun. Hopefully there will be someone around to rescue me at the end of the night.
excuse me can you please blog
Post a Comment
<< Home