Welcome to Scotland
For the last few weeks I’ve been living in Gourock, a small town about 45mins west of Glasgow. I’m staying with my mate Mikey who I met in Canada when on uni exchange a few years ago, & his lovely family. The towns’ tourist hotspots include the outdoor swimming pool (which is actually kind of impressive considering there are only two in the whole of Scotland), annnnnd, hmmm racking my brain, well that’s actually about it. It does however have lovely views over the Clyde River, a pound a round golf course, has good transport to the city and some decent pubs.
I have however spent more time in the nearby town of Greenock. I recently started work at a Gym as a fitness advisor there, and can advise you that there are not too many fit people in Scotland. This fact is highlighted whenever we go to the local nightclub Word Up, where the floorboards shake and backsides work well as wobble boards. I will soon however be moving out to Glasgow, as I’m not getting enough hours at the gym and feel I am over staying my welcome at Mikey’s home.
The view from my bedroom window.
A few houses along the street with the church in the background
I love rock




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home