Goats Heads, Hot Danes & Scum
Vallencia was host to the best hostel yet, primarily due to the fantastic ratio of gorgeous girls and a nice outdoor patio where numerous games of scum were played and the previously mentioned girls were given the eye. On our first morning we visited a fresh food market and spotted a 1 euro skinned goats head with eyeballs still attached....bargain. An opportunity like that was too good to pass up, so we made our purchase and left the goody in the hostel fridge (see photo on left). We then sat back and giggled as chicks would open the door and jump back aghast at its contents. Later that night a dumb american (aint they all) was dared into eating the eyeball. Everyone watched intensly as the eye was wrenched from its socket with sinew attached, and then gagged as he bit into it and black eye juice squirted out of his mouth. Perhaps the best euro ever spent?
On the odd occasions that we left the hostel we went swimming in the town centre fountain (see photo left) until asked to leave by the police, visited the cathedral, and learnt how to cook the local dish paella.On a side note I thought I might mention the fact that Mike has incredible, unhuman like restraint power. You should have seen this Danish girl!

3 Comments:
I hear eyeballs are quite bland, but they can have a slight fishy flavour, depends how fresh it is.
Who had the other eye? I would have left it in the shower, or in someone's sheets.....
But a better way of spending that 1 Euro is to cook it.
The traditional dish of the Igbo people of southern Nigeria consist's of the goat's skull cracked into small pieces and cooked in its brains. (eating skull?)
It can now be found in most restaurants in the country.
Awesome blog Christine, I'm not jealous at all...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
We were considering frying it up and serving it to someone on a plate, but that involved cooking and washing up. I have no idea what happened to the other eye, for all I know it is still in its socket sitting in the fridge waiting for someone to eat it.
Post a Comment
<< Home